Monday, September 21, 2009

Can You Come Out and Play?

It has been awhile and though nothing specifically blog worthy has come from life in the past couple of weeks a bunch of little things can come together as one good "update" blog.

Recently I was asked a questions that had not been directed to me in many years. "Can you come out and play?" Let me back date this, Eliz and I have been getting to know some of the neighborhood kids. Call it a mission, getting involved in the neighborhood, or having fun with kids, whatever, we are doing it. This involves roughly seven to ten kidos that like to drop by and say hello. One of whom, knocked on our door early Saturday morning, knowing it was just the two of us and no children of our own. Joey, the quick minded seven year old from two houses down, looked up at me Saturday morning ruffled hair and inquired if was free for some recreational time. Which came out as "can you come out and play?" I silently laughed at the query, declined, and then went to watch my favorite Saturday morning cartoons. It felt good to be instantly transported back to my younger years when request such as that were how you pleasantly asked parents permission to run the streets with their children. I think I am going to start asking my friends no matter the age if they would like to "come out and play." Because really, now we just ask if they want to Hang Out, and how boring does that sound. I say bring on the PLAY!

Secondly, this week I made pizza on the grill for the second time. This involves making the pizza dough from scratch. Which, truthfully, means the kitchen is spattered with flour, water, yeast, and quite frankly, sticky mess. But, the grill is suppose to simulate a wood oven.
Everything is cooked on the oven the crust and the toppings. It turned out ok. We have our friends Scott and Sarah over and I think they enjoyed it. It may not beat Johnny's, but the ingredients are fresh, and it looks pretty cool cooking on the grill. Oh, and I happen to have a picture for you.



It's not the worst pizza I have eaten. In fact, it's better than that major chain which makes their pizzas WAY too greasy, who shall remain nameless (Pizza Hut, yeah, it's them, you know).

I think I am going to try to carry my camera around and take more photos my week. That way my next post will be my week in photos. Hmm, I like that idea. Maybe I will actually do it. Here's a starter. A picture of my beautiful wife and HER cat doing what she (the cat) does best, get in the way.


No comments: