Saturday, August 22, 2009

Paybacks

Last weekend I came home after a hard saturday of running sound at church, hanging with friends, and missing my wife (as she had been in South Africa for a mission trip). I arrived at the house around 11:00 pm. I saw the incredibly awful movie District Nine, save yourself the time and money and skip it.

As I opened the door, only about two feet, a felt a catch as if there was something blocking the door. I looked down to see our comfy, yellow couch in the way...This was odd and my first thought was "Oh crap, someone broke in." Needless to say I was part right. I looked around and found my entire living room had been moved and rearranged. Immediately my mind took me to the guilty culprits. Each attempt to contact them ended with a seemingly innocent voicemail or an unanswered texts. I laughed, then plotted my revenge.

Today that revenge was enacted! The two perpetrators, dear
friends of mine, know not of this blog, and as no one really reads it anyway, I feel this little bread crumb or physical evidence shall not betray me. But, these friends of mine are quite the coffee connoisseurs. So, using means of my own, I gained entry into their home and temporarily "removed" their coffee grinder and maker. The idea is for them to come home, from camping ( a four day adventure) to no means of making an eye opening beverage. However, this was only step one.

Step two involved taking the maker and grinder around the cit
y on photo vacation for the two appliances. Pictures of th
em enjoying the local sites and activities will be emailed to th
em, from an anonymous email address. They will eventually get them back, but not without a little bit of a wait...and hopefully a laugh.

These are some of the pictures, with some dark roasted captions too:



Having an afternoon pick me up



Cooling down.

Meeting New Friends.




No comments: